I'm going to complain...
I enjoy cooking. I often look for new recipes online, if they're good then I write them down into my little recipe box.
My problem is with some of the people who post recipes online.
#1-Some people want to take shortcuts while posting recipes online. Instead of saying 1 cup flour they type 1 c flour. Fine, but what bothers me is when they do the same thing with tsp or tbsp. If the recipe says 1 t. sugar- how do I know if it's a teaspoon or a tablespoon?
#2- Close to half of all posted recipes do not list all the ingredients. The recipe while have a short list of ingredients at the top, then in the directions, suddenly they tell you to add bay leaves, salt and pepper (none of which are listed in the ingredients)
#3- This one is not common, but it's still ridiculous, a few recipes I've seen will end by simply saying to "cook" the food. They don't say bake at 350, or broil, or fry.... they just leave it up to your imagination. I don't mind this too much, I'm smart enough and I cook often enough to figure out what I should be doing, but that doesn't make the person who posted the recipe any less annoying.
I do however love the recipe sites that allow users rate and leave comments about the recipes- awesome!
6 comments:
I've tried a few things from online recipe sites too. I agree with what you've said. It does get annoying. I would love for you to post your favorite dinner recipes. I am in a cooking rut... doing the same meals over and over. I am always looking for a new recipe to try.
I totally agree with the annoying people posting recipes. I have had that happen to me too. It's like they have never used a recipe before and just decided one day to post one online. I usually end up changing the recipe to how I want it too some people have strange ideas about what tates good.
One thing to remember about reading recipes...t stands for tsp and T stands for tbs.
That is annoying. I also hate when people post "original" recipes and you recognize as Nestle Tollhouse or something Rachael Ray did last week.
Or Food Network shows about opening cans of soup and adding Costco rotisserie chicken and calling it homemade...
lol, you're funny Jennifer!!
oh and doesn't the lower case t mean Teaspoon??? I guess, assuming the person writing that knew :)
The Capitol T. is tablespoon and the lower case t. is teaspoon. One of my favorite web pages for recipes is bettycrocker.com. The have the easiest recipes and they taste so good. You can build a recipe box, print out a shopping list for the ingredients needed, get coupons for the ingredients and a lot more. check it out I htink you will like it.
Post a Comment