I need to post a belly shot at 23 weeks so that my parents don't make me stand up in front of the webcam to show off my growing stomach... I just feel stupid doing that so here you go...
Now, mom and dad- you're not allowed to ask me to let you see my fat belly- you just saw it.
Anyway- I thought I'd give a little update. Overall this pregnancy is going great- everything so far is better than my first pregnancy other than some SERIOUS sciatic nerve pain I've been having recently. Otherwise everything is great.
I had a doctors appointment this week, when they measured my stomach I was at 23 cm which is right where it should be, compared to last time when I got measured at 23 weeks I was 29 cm.... (caused by EXCESSIVE amniotic fluid) So this time maybe my stomach won't get so huge, and I won't have people asking me if I'm having twins.
Of course the doctor also checked the babies heart rate it was like 143 bpm. The "rumor" is that a higher heart rate means you're having a girl, which is so backwards for me- Parker had a super high heart rate- the lowest it EVER was was 164 bpm- (In fact, his heart rate was so high that the first few appointments they thought there might be something wrong with his heart to be in the upper 180s, but they said to wait it out and see if his heart calmed down later in the pregnancy) the nurses kept telling me it must be a girl, since the heart rate is high, but no- and then now that I'm having a girl the heart rate is significantly lower. At nine weeks her heart rate was at 163 and it's only gone down from there.
It's a little bit funny to me how different the pregnancies are, I never would have expected to feel SO different this time than I did last time. It's just really surprising.
We still don't have a name picked out, I originally really wanted Emmy, I loved that name for a few years, but when I thought about the fact that Emma and Emily have both been in the top 10 most popular names for girls for several years, I decided against it. Maybe some girl further down the line can be named Emmy, if she won't be surrounded my Emilys and Emmas. So other than ruling out Emmy, we have made basically no progress towards picking out a name. Any Suggestions???
5 comments:
Nice try, we'll still ask you to show us the bump! You look great by the way! Love you and miss you, Mom and Dad
i liked Jasons suggestion the other night, so cute!
Ok, well first off - you look so cute!! My family always tries to get me to show them also, but I just feel awkward :).
Secondly, I'm with you on the sciatic pain. I didn't have any with Ethan, but this time it's bad! Fortunately it comes and goes, but sometimes when it comes it almost hurts for me to walk.
We didn't find out if we're having a boy or a girl, but earlier on in my pregnancy, the heart rate stayed around 160 and now at almost 24 weeks it's been around 144. This pregnancy has gone by a lot quicker than the first.
Anyway, glad to see you're doing well!!
Our Name suggestions:
1.Shanayanay
2.Shaniqua
3.Chesopeke (Kyle's Fav!!)
4.Bisbee
5.Amari Nash
6.Katie (Katie's Fav!!)
I was going to list a bunch of names, but Katie was so helpful, I don't know that I can really be of any more help....
But I did see one that I like that JD hated: Adalyn. I think it is adorable, but we won't be using it.
Post a Comment