The Tiemans

The Tiemans

Monday, March 29, 2010

6 Months?

This afternoon I took aria to her 6 month well child check-up.
Yes. I know she is 7-1/2 months old.
Get over it.
The news is not all good this time.
You may remember that as a newborn the doctors thought that Aria might have an adrenal disease, but when we went to the specialist at one month he said it was nothing we had to worry about right now. But today the doctor found new evidence to make us believe she may in fact have an adrenal disease (hormonal disorder).
This problem that he found is a little TMI to share on the blog, but I have a medication to help with it. The medication will NOT cure adrenal disease, just this one symptom of it.
Another reason he is worried is that she is not growing the way that she should.
Her measurements:
Height: 26.5"...just less than 50%
Weight: 15lbs 1oz... Under 10%
Head Circumference: 90%
Yes, in the last three and a half months she has dropped from being the 90th percentile to the 50th percentile for height, and from the 50th to under the 10th percentile for weight.
She has been officially labeled as "failure to thrive"
So we get to run some blood tests and very likely will be heading back to the pediatric endocrinologist.
But look at this girl:

That doesn't look like a failure to thrive to me- She looks just perfect.

And at 7.5 months she:

*Is crawling everywhere

*Pulls herself to standing, occasionally

*Still has no teeth

*Sleeps like an angel

*Doesn't like for anyone other than Jason or me to touch her

*Loves her big brother like crazy. Seriously- he can do just about anything and she will smile or laugh.

*Hates to be confined, especially in her car seat. She's alright with it if she is in the car, but it is not acceptable to be in the car seat any longer than absolutely necessary.

*Loves to be outside; it doesn't matter why or where, just so long as she is outdoors.

I Love My Baby Girl!

6 comments:

Jen said...

Hey you! I have been a lurker on your blog for a couple of weeks now. I found you from your parents' christmas newsletter (I know, I'm a little late in getting around to finding the blog). It is so fun to see your cute little family and see what you are all up to. Your kids are so adorable!! And I think your little princess looks like she is thriving well enough. Such a cutie!

Krause Crew said...

Failure to thrive? What a horrible term to use toward kids. We’ll keep Aria in our prayers. Good luck with the “extra” doctors appointments. I hate taking my kids to the doctor.

Beckums said...

That is a horrible term to use for any kid, but especially miss Aria, she IS perfect! :) We love you guys and will keep you all in our prayers...see you Sunday, so excited!

Anonymous said...

"*Loves her big brother like crazy. Seriously- he can do just about anything and she will smile or laugh."

I can attest - this morning Parker was crying in time-out. Aria looked at him, smiled and giggled.

Jason

Five Bresees said...

She's absolutely beautiful AND perfect!

Allison Barry said...

Love that baby!