Parker only sort of likes to play with toys. He would much rather read a book or pretend or 'help me' with whatever I'm doing.
Pretend. Pretend. Pretend. Help. Help. Help.
That's all he wants to do.
It's tiring, but it's fun too. Jason says it's my fault for not letting him watch TV, but it's worth it.
One thing we do at least daily is pretend to be animals. Most often Parker wants to be a dog, but other times we (yes, we- I join in) will pretend to be kangaroos, elephants, alligators, snakes, and zebras. But my favorite has to be the bird. Parker will run in circles flapping his arms around saying "bird flying tweet-tweet" over and over and then he'll pull his arms in to his sides and repeat, but this time he says "bird on ground tweet-tweet"
Vacuuming while Jason Vacuums
Parker loves to do everything we do.
Parker was cleaning up in his room and he said "Parker is clean-upping" (instead of cleaning up- haha)
I was teaching Parker the days of the week and on Tuesday morning we talked about the fact that it was Tuesday, but all morning he kept saying that it was Monday, so I would correct him. But it must have been 35 or 40 times he told me it was Monday so I gave up. Then after nap I went to get him and first thing he said was "It's Tuesday!" I told him he was right and then he shrugged his shoulders and said "It's Monday too." .....It's days like this that make me wonder if my kids will learn anything in homeschooling, maybe crappy public school is an option after all. (Yeah, right)
.
We go to a story time at the library on Tuesdays, while he's there he just sits and doesn't seem to even care that he is there. But the rest of the day Tuesday is often spent in reenacting the story time. He sings the songs, talks about the books, and talk about Miss Stephanie. Almost every week he surprises me with the things he remembers.
.
Parker with his backpack that Grandma gave him.
Parker has started telling me "mommy be right back" when he wants me to leave. (obviously, because that's what I say right before I leave the room "be right back") This usually means he wants to break a rule.
One day he was in the bath and told me to be right back. I didn't know what rule he was going to break, but I wanted to find out. So I step out of the bathroom and peek around the corner. What does he do? He starts biting his toenails! Yuck! Kids are so weird.
Parker loves to sing. A lot of times in the morning or after nap Parker will lay in his bed singing to himself. It is so cute. My favorite is when he sings happy birthday to Parker. Which reminds me...
Parker loves to sing. A lot of times in the morning or after nap Parker will lay in his bed singing to himself. It is so cute. My favorite is when he sings happy birthday to Parker. Which reminds me...
Parker loves to look at our pictures and videos on the computer. One of his favorites is the video of his birthday when we sang to him and he blew out his candles. He likes to watch it over and over and over. But today we were looking at pictures and we came to pictures of his birthday cake and he kept saying "make it sing" He wanted the video with the Happy Birthday song, not just a boring picture.
I could go on and on, I just love this little boy and I think just about everything he does is cute and funny.
2 comments:
Are you really going to home school?
Little Parkerisms are so cute!
Post a Comment