The Tiemans

The Tiemans

Monday, October 26, 2009

In the Kitchen and Carving Pumpkins

Parker spends so much of his free time in the kitchen lately, and since he's a toddler he has lots of free time. So Basically, he is always digging around in there.
He decided we were going to cook potatoes for dinner:

And of course you have to clean up the dishes afterwards.

For Family Home Evening we carved pumpkins

Excited about pumpkins


No, Parker is not naked... he's in a pull-up, you just can't see it. I pulled his shirt and shorts off so he wouldn't make a mess, but it was unnecessary, I forgot how much he's like his daddy (in every single way) so he didn't want to get messy.
Jason carved a spider into his pumpkin

Last year I made a "Twilight" Pumpkin (sort of) I guess I like to do movie themes
Here's the first side of my pumpkin:

"Holy Glowing Pumpkin Batman!"
Then I tried to put the Joker on another side of the pumpkin... it didn't turn out so well.


It is scary though....

Here it is with the stencil that I used... can you see the resemblance??? Oh well.
I really love Halloween. Carving Pumpkins is the best. Even if they don't quite turn out.

4 comments:

Five Bresees said...

Looks like a good home evening idea...that's what we did too :). Your pumpkins turned out great!

Anonymous said...

Great pumpkins. I'll have to try soome of Parkes potatoes.
Love you lots, Mom and Dad

DC Diva said...

Those pumpkins look great! I'm very impressed w/ your skills.

Gina said...

Holy glowing pumpkin... hee hee hee! Mine definitely does not look like that- I did it with a steak knife.