The Tiemans

The Tiemans

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Elmo

Why do kids love Elmo so much??
I remember when I worked at a school and taught in the toddler class that pretty much every kid loved Elmo. Only a few liked the wiggles, and a couple liked Dora, but EVERYONE loved Elmo.


What is it about this little red monster that kids find so irresistible?

The reason I bring this up is that even Parker loves Elmo! That's right; my child who doesn't even watch T.V. likes Elmo. Parker has never ever seen even one minute of Sesame Street.

But he was given an obnoxious talking and dancing Elmo for Christmas and he loves it.

When we're in a store and he sees stuff with Elmo on it he'll point and say "E-mo" (He learned Elmos name from the previously mentioned toy)

We switch back and forth between using Huggies and Pampers diapers, and after several months in a row of using Huggies, we opened a box of Pampers, and now Parker gets excited every time we pull out a diaper and he points to Elmo on the back!

It's just weird to me that every kids likes Elmo, even a kid who doesn't really understand who Elmo is

3 comments:

Daisy's Realm said...

I wonder the same thing. EVERY kid in my class knows Elmo een if not exposed to him. Just as Parker has never been exposed to him he still knows him. I don't know what it is about Elmo, but it's been that way for YEARS. The only thing I can think of that they may be likeing so much is he is similar to a toddler even in his books. So maybe in some werid way they relate.

Five Bresees said...

I'm with you! Ethan does the exact same thing. He talks to Elmo like they are best friends. Whenever we see that Elmo Live doll at the store, he goes crazy. I don't get it. Haha.

Anonymous said...

That is so cute. Mom