The Tiemans

The Tiemans

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Not Fun

So one day last week Jason came home sick, he seemed completely miserable.

Then, he got me sick- What a punk right?

Anyway I got a sore throat and was coughing like crazy, I lost my voice for a couple of days and half of my diet seemed to consist of ice water and cough drops.

Then, Sunday night Parker woke up a couple times and would cough for a minute then go back to sleep, when he woke in the morning, he was all congested. Out comes the cough medicine, the humidifier, and the vapor rub. It seemed to work- He is super happy, and isn't acting like he's sick at all, except he has to stop and cough on a regular basis; so- crisis averted.

We've started feeling OK, not the greatest, but we're all fine and then BAM!

I had just been talking to my sisters on Friday about how good I felt during this pregnancy and that I have only thrown up ONCE! So much better than my pregnancy with Parker, well that changed - a couple hours after I ate lunch, I threw up everything I had eaten that day and probably most of the stuff I had eaten in the past week. It was really bad, I continued to vomit on a regular basis and I couldn't keep anything down, not even plain crackers, or straight water.
At fifteen weeks into the pregnancy I had gained just 3 pounds, and after I got sick it took less than 24 hours to lose those three pounds again.

In the middle of the night Jason starts having stomach problems too, he took some Pepto, but to no avail, he ended up throwing up too.

I really really hope Parker doesn't get this part of the sickness, I really don't want to have to clean up a bunch of toddler vomit.

I'm ready to get us all better, pronto!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you're not doing well. Our prayers are with you all, in hopes you feel better soon. Love you so much. Mom and Dad

Daisy's Realm said...

I hope you all start feeling better and soon. It is in the air at least it's only one baby, and not 11 like I have to deal with. All 11 of them are sick with take your pick vomiting, diarriah, runny nose, fever, coughing. Then on top of it there is those who are teething. I would love to only have one kid to tend to. Not that I don't love my job, but sick babies is never fun. At least my 16 two year olds only have a couple of runny noses.