That's how it feels this right now. For the past week I've been in the kitchen for all of my usual breakfast, lunch and dinner duties (and of course all the clean up afterwards). But I also made two Valentines Cakes, which took some time- believe me it took almost 40 minutes to turn that fondant so bright red. And making chocolates for the cake and making chocolate covered strawberries at the same time. But I also had a a friend of mine order two cakes for her kids birthday party on Monday so I spent lots of time mixing plenty of colors of frosting to make Dora and Diego- and then of course baking and decorating.
Here are the results
It was fun to see the kids excited about their cakes. James was very happy to get his "EGGO" cake. After the party, I came home, cleaned up all kinds of messiness in the kitchen and then start making dinner thinking "I need a little break from the kitchen" I had spent most of my free time in there in the past week, but as I'm making chicken sandwiches I realize that we are using 4 out of the last 5 pieces of bread for dinner.
So what does that mean?? I spent a few hours last night making bread for the next couple of weeks.
So maybe we'll get take-out tonight- haha
5 comments:
You did a great job on the cakes, busy girl. I love you so much. You are doing a great job. Love Mom
you decorated those cakes?! SWEET Jenn, you really have a talent going on don't ya?
Yeah, right. You won't get take out. Nice job on the characters, by the way!
Impressed.
What is your bread recipe? Is it a wheat bread? I would love you to do a post on it. Just an idea.
Those cakes look great!!!
Post a Comment