He was super excited for his birthday.
| Eating Special birthday breakfast (junk cereal) |
When he woke up in the morning I told him Happy Birthday and even sang to him. Several times throughout the day I would sing a birthday song to him, either the traditional 'Happy Birthday' or one of the primary songs-
Every time he would just look at me and when I was finished he would say "I want to just sing Rudolph, instead." So we sang Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer a handful of times on his birthday.
That evening we had a combined birthday party since my nephew's birthday is just a few dats after-- and my sister and her family were in town.
A couple days later we went to the doctor. Parker was so brave with his shots he had one little tear roll down his cheek- and then just wanted hugs afterwards. It was so sad and sweet.
At the doctor he was:
39.4 lbs--60th%
41" tall--60th%
And a few pictures of my handsome boy:
| Nursing his pink bear |
| Hammering some packing foam in the backyard |
| silly |
| Rockstar! |
And some things going on with Parker lately:
He is super smart and makes some amazing connections. And generally speaking he is, I think, much more logical than the average 4 year old. But he recently has started saying things which are obviously correct, but then he looks at me like- "See, mom- I figured it out"
Simple silly things like.
"If we go outside- then we'll be out there, but if we don't go outside- then we'll be in here"
"If it's cold then it's cold; if it's hot then it's hot"
You get the idea- perfectly infallible logic, however unimpressive the conclusion is.
One that I loved though (and it did seem pretty smart)
I don't remember what it was but he kept trying to take something away from Aria and saying that it was his. I told him it was everyone's. And he responded "If it's everyone's, it's just the same as if it is no one's" And if you think about it, he's right.
Parker loves helping. He loves to run and grab something, help stir, help with Terra, etc. And he is such a good brother.
Parker doesn't talk like a 4 year old- He uses big words.
He was in the hospital for a couple of days, and needed to be carried since he couldn't walk on his own. I offered to carry him and he said "Actually, I would rather have Daddy carry me instead" The nurse was shocked and even laughed a little at the way he said it. But then he added "Because you're just a little bit more shorter than Daddy."
I'm not rephrasing his sentences- he really uses the words actually and rather.
He'll also say: perhaps, compared to, especially, regarding and few more I can't think of.
Parker loves trains. Seriously, he's obsessed. A pretty good amount of what he got for Christmas and his birthday involved trains in some way.
Parker has an unbelievable imagination. He's always playing pretend, and as he's gotten older it has gotten more involved. It would be hard to explain some of his imaginary play- but believe me- it's awesome!
Every night before bed he wants to "Talk about my good day" So we just talk about the things he did during the day.
Oh, how these 4 years have flown by! It makes me want to cry- but I also love watching him get older.
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Parker! Parker is so handsome (and smart)! I especially love the picture of him nursing his bear! I found Lily yesterday using my pump. She said she was getting milk for her baby. Haha.
Post a Comment