The Tiemans

The Tiemans

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Fathers Day

I know it's late-- but I've been... busy
To start off, Parker and I took advantage of a craft night at Michaels to make a Father's Day gift for Jason.
Parker decided that what Jason would like to have on his mug was a picture of a train.
James specifically:

He helped draw James, then colored by himself and drew the cloud and tracks by himself as well.
We presented Jason his gift along with breakfast in bed. Parker still thinks that breakfast in bed is hilarious.

On Father's Day we went to church with the Tiemans and then had brunch over at their house

And Gary got a buddy to help him with his coins:

Then we finished Father's Day by having dinner with my parents and swimming.

Now speaking of father's day reminds me of something else....
Jason is awesome.
Everyone probably already knew that- but he deserves an extra special shout-out for filling in as the stay-at-home parent while I've been working.
Honestly, I know some guys (some of my friends' husbands) who I would be a little more worried about leaving my kids with all day. Because for some of these guys it would mean that I would go to work and he would play video games all day, then I would come home and clean up the chaos.
But not with Jason. The house is always neat and meals are always prepared.

And best of all he reads and plays with the kids and doesn't just sit them in front of the TV all day long. He takes them to playgroup and storytime at the library. They play play-dough and color pictures.

He blew up balloons and let the kids finger paint them

I will say we were both a bit nervous that he was going to take over most of the cooking, but we've been happy to discover that Jason can do just fine in the kitchen.

Then at mothers day (with a little help from my mom) he had the kids make me an adorable/goofy key chain. And he made me a bracelet. A nice bracelet. I've had several women compliment me on the bracelet and then when I say that my husband made it they flip out a little bit.


Jason. is. amazing.


Parker, making my key chain
And the most amazing part, is that most of the time that I've been working, Jason has been at home without a car.
See- my little corolla needed a new transmission in December so we sold it to Jason's friend who is a mechanic and could make good use of the car. Which means we're a one car family right now. A few times we've been able to borrow a car from my parents while they were out of town, but mostly Jason has been toughing it out by either walking all the way to playgroup or staying home....   all.   day.   long.

So- Thank you Jason for being such and awesome Dad!