The Tiemans

The Tiemans

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday

** This morning I got a call from a member of the bishopric, and I ended up being released from Young Women's. It was a little depressing but definitely a relief.
I'll miss my super silly beehives, but it will be good to have no more mutual, or presidency meetings, or class presidency meetings, or missionary correlation, or lessons to plan and activities to prepare.
** Also today- Parker gave his very first talk in primary. It was so cute.
I went up to help him and you could tell he was totally nervous and excited. I started to whisper his talk to him, so he could repeat it, and he said the words so quietly that I could barely even hear them (though I was only inches away).
It was sweet and awesome...and I can't believe how big he's gotten- where has my little baby Parker gone?
** We paid tithing today, the first tithing on a REAL paycheck in over a year- hooray for a job.
And speaking of my job- I survived my six weeks of training, I start "on the floor" tomorrow morning. This is my second time working for the bank (first time I was a teller, banker and manager-- now I work in credit card customer service.) Let me tell you- pay attention to your money and your accounts- read your disclosures and anything you sign- your life will be better for it. And... don't be quick to be angry at and blame the bank- chances are YOU are the one that caused the problem- not the bank.
** Aria peed in the potty. This isn't the first time, but it's still exciting each time (because it's still very rare) I really think this girl is going to be much harder to potty train than Parker was, she doesn't focus well, and she is too independent for praise and such to have much of an effect. So we'll see how it goes from here.
** I also got some sewing done today. My pile of to-do projects has been stacking up, so I'm happy to make a little progress. I enjoy sewing a lot- so this was both productive and kind of fun.
** I love my family and the opportunity I had to spend the day with them today and to go to church also. Life isn't perfect- but it really is good.

2 comments:

Five Bresees said...

Congrats!! Yesterday was Ethan's first talk in primary too. Glad you guys are doing well :)

Allison Barry said...

That makes me sad about young women's. I miss those girls! I am so happy about the job situation!