The Tiemans

The Tiemans

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

No More Glasses

I finally went to the Optometrist a few weeks ago and so a few days ago my glasses and contacts were ready- that's right- I got contacts!


And the best part is, they finally have the ability to make my prescription in disposable contacts..Previously I had to have gas permeable contacts (small and hard as glass) and then a few years ago they invented Torik lenses, not disposable, not soft, but better then the shard of glass I had previously been putting in my eye, and now they have made Toriks DISPOSABLE!!!! It's awesome, these contacts are so comfortable, I can hardly feel them at all- those of you who have always been able to wear soft contacts can't understand. When I had the gas permeable lenses my eyes were ALWAYS red and bloodshot, I wasn't allowed to wear them for more than 8 hours, but still by the time I put my contacts back in the next morning (16 hours after I took them out) my eyes would still be aching.


These are so much better- anybody who wears disposable contacts aren't allowed to complain about them being uncomfortable-- not around me at least- you have nothing to whine about.


Anyway, I'm excited, I can wear sunglasses while I'm driving, and Parker won't get mad when I slap his hand over and over and over and over because he grabs my glasses over and over and over and over and over again.



I also got new glasses... When Jason came home from work i told him that i wen and got my new glasses and contacts- then he wondered why I was still wearing my old glasses... they look pretty similar I guess :)
The Pair on the bottom are the new glasses

2 comments:

Krause Crew said...

I always wondered why I saw you "glasses-less" for your wedding, but no other time. I guess I should of asked. Welcome to the world of soft contacts! Kody used the old hard glass one's too for a long time. He said there is SUCH a difference. Do you think you'll ever get the eye surgery like Jason did?

Gina said...

So... those glasses are so much the same that I actually did "LOL"