So since I'm so far behind on the blog I can blog about my ENTIRE pregnancy at once!
SURPRISE!
We're pregnant!
I took the test back in January and we got a due date of October 4th.
Here's our first ultrasound at 12 weeks.
We usually don't tell people until about 12 weeks, and we were strangely excited to realize that we would hit that mark awfully close to April Fools.
So we told our families at the end of March and then went 'public' on April Fools Day!
In May we found out we were having a boy and we made these little cupcakes to tell the kids:
The girls seemed pretty happy that a baby was coming (especially Aria), but Parker said he wasn't sure how he felt about it. Well, a few days after finding out the gender Parker said that he was, in fact, happy about having a baby since it was a boy, not a girl. Haha, glad we were having a boy so he could be happy about it!
The baby bump at 24 weeks
| At 38 weeks |
Terra was born at the end of June and Aria was born in the middle of August. After those two I was NOT interested in another summer pregnancy in Arizona. We somehow thought October would be fine.
We. Were. Wrong.
It is too hot all the way through the end of September.
Anyway, I woke in the middle of the night with strong contractions on Sunday, September 22nd. They were way too strong for me to go back to sleep.
I went downstairs and played games on the computer while I had an app running on the iPad to count contractions. I would just hit a button when each contraction would start and end.
After what felt like an eternity I looked at the app and I had been having contraction that were a minute long, less than 5 minutes apart for almost 4 hours!
I kept timing them while letting Jason know that we were probably going to have to go to the hospital. They were 2.5-3 minutes apart
We waited for Jason's mom to get here and headed to the hospital. I was not dilating anymore than I was the week before and even with walking around for an hour nothing changed.
So we went home. Jason and I continued to walk (several miles) all day- non-stop contractions all day and then around 8pm, they were gone... very depressing
Then, Thursday morning, I woke with new strong contractions. I timed them for a bit and they were just under 5 minutes apart. Jason was getting ready for work and asked if he should stay home. I told him to go to work since they were probably going to stop anyway. (I was being pessimistic and assuming it was false labor again)
Well just about 5 minutes after he left I was laying in bed reading to Parker and something felt...weird. So I got up and was planning on going to the bathroom, but I didn't even take a step before I had blood everywhere. I waddled to the bathroom and begged Parker to get me my phone. I called Jason and had him turn around and call his mom. More blood. Seriously... LOTS of it. And LOTS of pain.
About one million hours later (or so it seemed) we were ready to leave for the hospital. We got checked and I didn't even hesitate about getting an epidural. The doctor showed up and I immediately pushed the baby out (about 5 minutes of pushing) And we had our new baby:
Corin Jon Tieman
September 26th 2013 10:14AM
7lbs 7oz
20.5 inches


No comments:
Post a Comment