The Tiemans

The Tiemans

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Minivan

Since we are now a family of five (and since we were living with only one car) It was time for us to get a minivan.
Driving a minivan is obviously super cool and stylish. But did you know that it is also convenient? I love having the sliding doors for reaching in and out for carseats. And, drive-thru things (like at the bank, library book drop, etc.) are much easier to reach when you re not down in a compact car, practically at ground level.

4/5 of our family with our new van

Kids playing in the back
While we were switching cars we had the carseats in the living room for about 24 hours. And it turns out that carseats are more fun to play with than toys-- who knew?
 Parker's favorite thing was purposely making the seats fall backwards.
Is it dorky that I'm super excited to have a minivan? Well, then I'm a dork. I was slightly sad that I had to say goodbye to my cute little"Murph-Mobile" (my old corolla) but I'm happy to being driving my new mom car

2 comments:

shirley elizabeth said...

We kind of want a minivan so bad too! We used to wish for a truck, but then we had a kid. We've only got one, though, so it'll be a while, but we can always look forward to the day.

Five Bresees said...

Haha, I love this post. Before I had kids, I swore off ever having a minivan. (Mainly because I hated the one we grew up with and it was the first car I drove) Anyway, we got one right before Lily, and it's not as bad as I thought :) My kids agree that car seats are more fun to play with inside the house!