Parker sings his ABCs a lot, when he gets to the end, he always says "now my ABCs, next time won't you sing with me" (as opposed to "now I know my ABCs") One time Jason corrected him and said "Now I KNOW my ABCs" with lots of emphasis on the word know. Parker responded: "Now YES my ABCs"
On a related note, we were talking about the change from October to November and Parker decided to call it YESvember.
Parker was making up a song and playing the drums. His song went like this "Aria, the first lady in the world. Aria the only lady in the whole world." (repeated several times) I have no idea where he got it from.
Being 2, Parker still has some letters he doesn't pronounce correctly. He sometimes says 'L' like a 'W'... sometimes.
One morning, I told Parker "I La-la-la-la-la-Love you" Parker said "I la-la-la-la-la-Wuv you"
Parker tried to take my personal progress book from me and I said no, and he said "But I need to check my progress!"
He'll go up to the computer, say "I just need to check my email reeeaaal quick" type for a second and then be 'done'. I wonder where he learned that?
One of my favorites is "Are you kidding me?" "You've got to be kidding me" It's better because it's usually not appropriate:
"What are you eating, mommy?"
"A Bagel"
"Are you kidding me?" (repeated several times)
"You've got to be kidding me"
Parker laughing out loud because clearly 'I'm kidding him'
On Halloween Parker didn't want to get any candy- or eat any treats. I asked him why... "Because the real Peter Pan doesn't get treats" It took some convincing to get him to go ahead and get candy in his pumpkin, even if Peter Pan never eats candy in the movie.
Parker loves learning about letters and letter sounds lately. But he never says monkey starts with 'm'... it's always backwards: "'m' starts with monkey, 'b' starts with balloon" etc.
He randomly blames things on his friends- thinking he can then do whatever he wants. He doesn't want to eat his dinner "Lincoln doesn't like to eat this- it's yucky"... (Holding a pen over his arm) "Asher colors on his skin"... "Sam Barry throws fits" He doesn't have any knowledge to lead him to say these things- but he thinks that if he tells me his friend Lincoln doesn't like his food, then it's okay for Parker not to eat it, etc. It doesn't work, but it is a creative tactic.
Sorry for the picture-less post. I just had to record some of the stuff my funny Parker has said.
2 comments:
Donovan does the exact same thing: C starts with Cat... H starts with Hunter
That kid sure has an active mind . . . always thinking . . . not always with the train on the right track . . . but. . .
Post a Comment