The Tiemans

The Tiemans

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Our Engagement

4 years ago today, Jason proposed to me.

I love to hear how people got engaged, so I decided I would tell the story of how he popped the question.

When we were first dating (June 2005) Jason asked me what my idea of a perfect date would be. I told him that I would love to have a Jell-O fight. So fast forward 8 months and in February Jason remembered that I said I always wanted to have a Jell-O fight, so we did just that.

At the time I worked at the Wells Fargo that was about 1/2 mile away from Jason's parents house. So I when I would get off of work everyday, I just drove over to his house and we would hang out for the evening. Same as usual on this Friday, but Jason asked me to bring my portable DVD player with me.

So I got off of work and went to his house. He had built a fire in the backyard, and we ate a Panda Express picnic by the fire. Then he brought me over to the other side of the yard where there was a tarp lying on the ground.

Jason pulled off the tarp, and underneath it there was a pile of dishes all filled with Jell-O. At that point I pretty much knew he was going to propose, but we had a Jell-O fight to deal with first. I tried my best, but Jason definitely got the better of me- I was such a mess!

So we went inside and we both cleaned up and changed (I had to borrow some of Jason clothes) and then he took me back to the fire where he asked me to marry him, and of course I said yes.
We then watched a movie by the fire with my DVD player.

It was such a fun night- and I was so happy. I went home and my roommate and a couple of her friends were sitting in the living room talking when I walked in. I must have been "glowing" or something because they all stopped and just looked at me and asked me what was going on. I just about danced as I told them what had happened.

Anyway, I'm very glad that Jason asked me to marry him and I love that he remembered about the Jell-O, so I could have an extra fun memory to go along with the engagement.

4 comments:

Beckums said...

so cute!, I don't think i ever heard the story before.

Gina said...

You're such a nerd ;)

Five Bresees said...

That's so cute!

gerielou said...

Great story!