TV and movies are generally lame, I mostly watched the Office and Glee. We only watched a handful of movies through the year. But the one thing that Jason and I watched that I really loved was Flight of the Conchords. It's hilarious. Seriously. It's a show on HBO, and we borrowed the DVDs from the library. Funniest show. EVER.
Here are the books I read in 2009:
Pride and Prejudice- Jane Austen
Marked- P.C. Cast & Kristen Cast
City of Bones- Cassandra Clare
City of Ashes- Cassandra Clare
City of Glass- Cassandra Clare
Hunger Games- Suzanne Collins
Catching Fire- Suzanne Collins
The Prophet of Yonwood- Jeanne Duprau
The Diamond of Darkhold- Jeanne Duprau
Love in the Time of Cholera- Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw- Jeff Kinney
Fire of the Covenant- Gerald N. Lund
Jellicoe Road- Melina Marchetta
Wicked Lovely- Melissa Marr
Madapple- Chirstina Meldrum
The Host- Stephenie Meyer
The City and The City- China Mieville
Eragon- Christopher Paolini
Eldest- Christopher Paolini
Brisngr- Christopher Paolini
The Adoration of Jenna Fox- Mary E. Pearson
Burn- Suzanne Phillips
Here Lies Arthur- Philip Reeve
Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone- J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets- J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban- J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire- J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix- J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince- J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows- J.K. Rowling
Much Ado About Nothing- William Shakespeare
The Hand You're Dealt- Paul Volponi
Impossible- Nancy Werlin
Since I read a lot I constantly have people asking for recommendations about what book to read. My recommendation would be that everyone, everywhere should read The Hunger Games (and the sequel Catching Fire). I've gotten some of my family and friends to read it and everyone loves it. Almost everyone reads it in 24 hours or less because it's impossible to put it down once you start.
Other than that my favs were Pride and Prejudice (of course), Madapple, and of course I would always recommend the Harry Potter series
3 comments:
thanks so much for the Hunger Games, I'm hooked, and finished with #2.....i really did try to drag it out but i suck
How can you possibly read that much?? I've been reading the same book for that last 5 months and barely ever find time to read it... maybe if I read my book as much as I read other people's blogs...
Too funny over half of your list is on my list too! I gotta say you've got great taste . . . guess am going to have to read the rest of the books on your list.
Love ya!
Post a Comment