The Tiemans

The Tiemans

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

36.5 Weeks

I had my 36 week check-up today.
First off, about a week-and-a-half ago I started to think that little miss might be breech. Some days I was sure that she was upside down, and others not so much. When I told my doctor today- he felt around on my stomach and said that he's almost positive that the baby's head is right under my ribs and that she's in a 'frank-breech' position.
So he went and grabbed an ultrasound machine to check, but it turns out that she is head down, she just apparently has a butt that feels like a head :) I was happy to see that she was not breech- everything is just easier that way.
While he had the ultrasound machine out he decided to check to see if it really was a girl since he knew that we weren't able to get a conclusive picture before. He said it's hard to tell this far along since the baby is so squished, but he said it's about a 95% chance it's a girl based on what he was able to see today.
Also, I'm dilated to a 3 and 75% effaced! We're moving right along with this pregnancy.
Just 24 days until the due date!

6 comments:

Kyle and Katie Willman said...

Tell little missy that I completely understand... I hate it when people say that my butt feels like a head!

Kyle and Katie Willman said...

honestly Jenn... I don't think you're gonna make it 24 more days! Yay for early but not-too-early babies!!!

Five Bresees said...

Haha, I'm with you. The last couple days of pregnancy, I thought I was going to die (not really, but you know). I seriously thought I'd be pregnant forever!! Haha, now that I've had her, it's hard for me to believe that I was actually pregnant a week ago (and oddly enough, although I do NOT miss the contractions, I kind of miss being pregnant) I can't wait to see your little girl! Good luck with the name thing :) Is it hard for you and Jason to agree on names?

Beckums said...

:) .....i wish i could make my smiley face BIGGER

Gina said...

Hooray for dilating and effacing!

Tatum said...

Congrats it's almost time!

After the baby comes we would love to have Parker over for a play date if you ever need a break. Lincoln would love it!