So yesterday I went grocery shopping, and when I would pick up food to put in the cart Parker would point at it and then make the sign language for food. He did this over and over, then when we got to the produce, I picked up a bunch of bananas (Parkers favorite food) and he did the sign for banana and then said "nana", same thing with the bread, he signed bread and then said "bed" and milk, he signed milk, and said "milk". I was so proud of him- and I love being able to communicate with him. He's my little genius!
P.S. A related story- this morning Parker was playing with a red bandanna, he brought it in to play with it with Jason and Jason says "bandanna" and then Parker gets all excited, drops the bandanna and starts saying "nana" repeatedly while doing the sign for banana, I guess he didn't realize that there was an extra letter in bandanna. It was breakfast time anyway so we went and ate a "nana".
No comments:
Post a Comment