The Tiemans

The Tiemans

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Momma's Boy

So since the day he was born Parker has reminded us all of Jason. He's Jason's little clone. And Seriously every day he seems to look more and more like Jason. When Talking to Janet (Jason's mother) we find out that even his personality traits are exactly the same as Jason when he was a baby.

Now at more than 7 months of age, I can see 2 things that Parker inherited from me.


**Number 1--- the "T.V. Face"


An ex-boyfriend I had years ago noticed that when I watch TV or movies or sit on the sidelines watching my friends play volleyball, etc. I have a tendency to let my mouth fall open a little bit. He called it the "T.V. face" I just watch what's going on and don't realize I'm "catching flies" as my brother-in-law says. Apparently, this is something I passed on to my son. He constantly has his mouth open, and he'll sit around watching people and let his mouth fall slack...



Here we have Parker watching this fish swim around the fish tank... while sporting the 'T.V. Face'



**Number 2--- Fast growing hair

My Hair grows fast- and I mean fast, at my last hair cut we figured out that my hair had grown 5-1/2 inches in just 3 months and a week. This is both good and bad... I can grow my hair out long without having to wait forever, however, that means that when I color my hair You can see the regrowth or "roots" way too quickly.



Well Lucky for my mother I'm a girl, so she didn't need to cut my hair constantly when I was little, I was just a little girl with long hair... making all the other little girl's mothers jealous.


Parker, of course, is a boy-so I can't just let him grow hair half way down his back, but he has inherited the ridiculous hair growth from me. He is 7 months old and has had six-- that's right SIX hair cuts already. Plus a few little trims, when I just cut the hair that's growing too long over his ears or something like that.




These are pictures of Parker before his latest haircut... I don't think it looks THAT bad, but it must be- because everyone kept telling me he needed his hair cut... Jason thought he needed it cut, so did my mother, random people in the aisles at Target told me that he needed his hair cut- even the cashiers and baggers at Safeway let me know.
I took this picture after his bath when I stuck his hair up to make it easier to cut... and I caught him in the middle of a sneeze.

Not happy with the hair cut??



3 comments:

Gina said...

That's it- you and me, we are starting a shaggy hair baby club!!! No more baby haircuts- and don't let anybody else tell you any different!

Five Bresees said...

6 haircuts!?! Wow. He is so cute! Is he crawling now?

Krause Crew said...

I think Kyle is ready for his first hair cut/trim. It just started growing over his ears. Maybe you can cut his hair in Utah since you has so much experience?