The Tiemans

The Tiemans

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Geography Fair '14

One of our Homeschool groups has a geography fair every year. This year was our first.
I let Parker decide what he wanted to learn about for the fair and he chose Egypt (I think his choice was influenced by the fact that we were reading the Golden Goblet, a book that took place in ancient Egypt)

We got the the park where we were having it early, so Parker could make his poster there. While we were there the sprinklers came on to water the grass so Aria got soaked running through them.

Here are my 4 kids at the park (Aria half dry by now)

This little one is just too cute: 


Parker making his poster:

I let him do it himself. 100%
Some of the other parents seemed to be more involved in the presentation. (and it was obvious). Not a bad thing but I sort of felt bad for them. In their need to have a perfect poster for their child not only did their child miss the chance to do it themselves and their own way, but I think it's adorable to have the kid-made-poster, and so fun to see what they feel is important enough to put on it.

Showing off his poster
We brought dates and olives to share since they are staples in Egypt.


No comments: