I was looking through some old journals and I remembered how often I used to go to concerts. I loved concerts. I've survived my share of mosh pits, and I have successfully crowd-surfed multiple times.
This might come as news to some people, as getting married and having babies has tamed me quite a bit.
Anyway, I thought I would throw together a list of bands I've seen in concert just for funsies.
But there are some disclaimers about the list.
1st: It does not include 100% of bands I have seen, I can't remember them all. For example who opened for the Aquabats? I think it might have been the Rx Bandits, but since I'm not sure I'm not listing them as a band I've seen. So there are numerous opening acts that I have SEEN in concert but are not listed here.
2nd: I don't like 100% of bands listed here. For example: Britney Spears, a friend of mine was given tickets for her birthday and had just had a falling out with several of her closest friends. I was her only option so she took me- I had a good time even though Miss Spears lacks vocal talent.
3rd: There are several bands here that I saw before I truly appreciated their music. I'm a bigger fan now and wish I could see them again. Examples: Weezer and Coheed and Cambria
4th: Most bands I've only seen in concert once. The stars (*) are show bands that I have seen multiple times. Each star equals one concert
Without any further ado........
98 Degrees
Adam Panic
All-American Rejects
American Hi-Fi
Aquabats
The Ataris
Atreyu
Authority Zero
Avenged Seven Fold
Bad Religion
****Before Braille
Billy Idol
Blues Traveler
Britney Spears
Cake
Chronic Future
Coheed and Cambria
Collective Soul
Deanna Carter
Denver Harbor
Dexter Freebish
Don't Miss the Big
DramaRama
Everclear
Face to Face
Fall Out Boy
Finch
Flogging Molly
***The Format
G-Love (no special sauce)
Goldfinger
Good Charlotte
Greeley Estates
Hawthorne Weights
Hot Water Music
IMA Robot
Interpol
Jimmy Eat World
Keith Urban
Kenny Chesney
Kings of Leon
**LetGo
Limbeck
Lit
Live
**Mink Rebellion
MxPx
My Chemical Romance
A New Found Glory
Nickelback
No Doubt
No Use for a Name
The Offspring
PeachCake
PennyWise
Pepper
Phunk Junkeez
Plain White Tees
Presidents of the United States of America
Rise Against
Ruebens Accomplice
Senses Fail
Simple Plan
Slightly Stoopid
Social Distortion
Something Corporate
The Starting Line
The Stilhetto Formal
Story of the Year
Sugarcult
Sum 41
Taking Back Sunday
Third Approach
Three Doors Down
Tiger Army
The Transit War
U2
Unwritten Law
The Vandals
Weezer
Yellowcard
The best story I have about these concerts is the 2nd time I saw Mink Rebellion. At the end of their set they said they would come out and sign stuff for everyone (the singer signed the back of my shirt) My friend Nicole and I went near the stage to ask where they would go to do the signing. Nicole asked the drummer, who turned to me and said "whoa, I went to school with you" I said something brilliant like "ummm, really?" He took off his sunglasses and sure enough it was David Hubbard who I went to High school with. But what really makes that fabulous is that it was the second time I saw them in concert, I had also seen his former band (Greeley Estates) in concert and not known he was the drummer, and I had a picture of him (and the band) on my wall for a month because of this calendar I had. I didn't even realize it was David looking at me from the collage of band pictures.
Anyway, there's a little piece of my past for anyone who is interested.
4 comments:
wow, 'miss oblivious mom' here . . . I had no clue you went to so many concerts, you are half my age and have probably been to as many concerts as I have.
That is so funny that you say motherhood has "tamed" you because a couple of months ago, Rocky went to a concert and was like, "It wasn't as fun as it use to be" So, I totally get what you mean about how parenthood changes things. But, if anything...it was good while they lasted right?!
1) Do you believe mom that she says she's actually been to that many concerts? Because I think she's seen two in my whole life...
2) Funny story about David Hubbard! Hilarious.
3)Um... Cake? So jealous!
4)I should do this. My list would be fun too.
I remember the Britney Spears concert!! I recall we had to wait forever for her to even come on stage....yeah it wasn't the best concert :)
Post a Comment